The Westerwelle Foundation is pleased to announce the Young Founders Programme, a 6-month fellowship for outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging markets. It brings together leaders from all over the world, who are united in the pursuit to achieve entrepreneurial greatness.
What: 5-day conference in Berlin / 6 months remote programme
Who: 50 young founders from emerging markets
They offer targeted support to scale their founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities, with the following programme plan:
- Mentoring: A unique experience with a successful entrepreneur or investor, who becomes your sparring partner.
- Peer Learning: Exchanges with other successful young founders of the cohort to share knowledge and support each other.
- Expert Sessions: In-depth sessions on relevant topics with high-class experts.
- International Community: Access to new business opportunities by being connected to programme alumni, partners and other members of the Westerwelle Foundation network.
- Berlin Conference: Exposure to the Berlin Startup Ecosystem through a fully funded 5-day conference together with the other founders for the top 10 participants.
They are looking for entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future, with the following criteria:
- You are a citizen or resident of a developing or emerging country.
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets.
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has ideally generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding.
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry.
- You possess a good working knowledge of English.
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in programme activities for the six months.
For more information, visit https://westerwelle-foundation.com/programs/young-founders-program/