The Working to Advance Science and Technology Education for African Women (WAAW) Foundation is seeking applications for its Scholarship Program with an aim to support undergraduate African Female Students studying any Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) related course at the any African university.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university;
- All fields of Engineering
- All computer science
- Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
- Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
- Agriculture, Geography, Statistics, etc.
- Core Medical Course like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing etc.
- Social Science courses
- Art courses.
WAAW Foundation Scholarship offers $500 for need-based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College, or institute of higher learning in Africa.
Criteria for eligibility include:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering, and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
For more information, visit https://waawfoundation.org/scholarships/