The Teach A Man To Fish is seeking applications for Trash to Cash Challenge, a new programme developed to encourage young people to become eco-preneurs: to do some good in the world and develop life skills through a short business challenge with an environmental focus.
- There are 4 prizes worth USD $1,200 in total. In addition, every participant that completes the submission form by the deadline will receive a Certificate of Participation!
- The first three prizes will be awarded by a judging panel based on the evidence in the submission form, so make sure to include photos!
- The Public Choice prize will be given to the video with the most ‘likes’. Videos must be less than 2 minutes and must be posted in the participants’ social media in public mode (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or TikTok) using the hashtag #TrashToCashChallenge. The video must show the waste you collected, how you created it and how you sold it.
- There are 4 prize categories:
- Most trash converted into products: USD 300 (awarded by judging panel).
- Most creative repurpose of waste: USD 300 (awarded by judging panel).
- Most sales made: USD 300 (awarded by judging panel).
- Most social media ‘likes’ on video: USD 300 (public choice). For the ‘likes’ to be counted, you must include up to 20 link(s) in the Submission Form of the video posted on your own social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok).
- The competition is open to every young person around the world under 25. You can participate individually or as a team of up to 5 people with friends, classmates or siblings.
- Adult supervision is strongly encouraged for younger participants!
- Entry is free of charge.
- The competition is open to all young people, aged 25 or younger, in any country.
- Young people can participate individually or in teams of maximum 5 students.
- The participants must be 25 or younger, but teachers of all ages are welcome to support the participants.
For more information, visit https://www.teachamantofish.org.uk/trash-to-cash.html