Deadline: 30 November 2022
The Terre de Femmes International Award is a thematic prize now open to all citizens of the world involved in projects with strong environmental, social and societal impact. This award rewards field actions carried out by a woman or a group of women, in a non-profit structure.
The fifth edition of this prize is on the theme: “Wetlands, natural areas at risk!”.
- Amount of the endowment: 10000 €.
Among the topics that can be addressed:
- Conservation of wetlands’ unique biodiversity.
- Restoration of blue carbon ecosystems (mangrove forests, seagrass meadows and coastal marshes).
- Preservation of peat bogs and the species that depend upon them.
- Sustainable water use projects.
- Cleaning rivers and wetlands.
- Sustainable agriculture projects in wetlands.
- Integration of wetlands in urban environments.
- Raising awareness among local communities and future generations to preserve these fragile ecosystems.
- Management, preservation and awareness work on RAMSAR sites in France or elsewhere.
- Participation in the conservation of species linked to wetlands (flora & fauna).
- Projects related to the recognition of a site as a wetland and its conservation.
- You are an adult woman worldwide involved in a project that helps to protect wetlands through a non-profit organisation.
- Your project has a strong environmental and social impact (involvement of local communities).
- Your structure is an NGO, an association or a foundation.
- You need some help for your project.
For more information, visit: