The Japan Water Forum (JWF) is accepting applications for its JWF Fund that aims to contribute for solving local water-related issues in developing countries by assisting the implementation of sustainable solutions led by grass-roots organizations.
A project which is planned and will faithfully be implemented along the following themes will be considered.
- Construction/repair of the water supply resource such as well and reservoir.
- Installation of small scale type water supply system.
- Construction/repair of sanitation and hygiene facility.
- Maintenance/improvement of water resource environment.
- Installation/promotion of water efficiency irrigation system.
- Implementation of water-related disaster risk reduction/mitigation program.
Note: It is advisable that the project includes awareness-raising programs/training programs for capacity building to enhance sustainability of the project.
- Up to US$1,500 per a selected project.
- In the JWF Fund 2022, the number of projects which will be accepted is around five.
- One application/project from one group can be acceptable. No application shall be accepted if one group submits two or more applications/projects.
Any local grassroots organizations that work in countries/territories classified as Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Low Income Countries (LICs), Lower Middle Income Countries (LMICs) from among the OECD’s DAC list can apply for the JWF Fund.
National governments, local governments, private companies, funding institutions, international organizations and religious groups cannot apply for the fund.
For more information, visit https://www.waterforum.jp/en/news/19604/