The 10th International Projection Mapping Competition 1minute Projection Mapping in TOKYO is now open for Creators from all over the world.
This year’s competition will mark the 10th anniversary. The theme of this memorable edition is: LIFE – The development of modern technology has enabled them to overcome many obstacles, increase the life expectancy, and change the way they work and live. On the other hand, however, the world is still in the grip of sad news as another conflict has erupted this year, in addition to the still-unresolved COVID-19 outbreak.
- Grand Prize: 2 million yen, trophy, supplementary prize, invited as a guest creator for the next competition.
- Second Prize: 500k yen, trophy, supplementary prize
- Jury Prize: 200k yen, trophy, supplementary prize
- Organizer Award: 100k yen, trophy, supplementary prize
- Audience Award: 100k yen, trophy, supplementary prize
(Finalists will receive a subsidy for production costs or accommodation when they come to Japan.）
Points to note when applying
Read the following carefully before applying. If a submitted work violates the regulations, it will not be accepted.
- It will not be accepted as a judging work in the following cases.
- If the video does not follow the production format (in the case where the video is not mapped)
- If the video is damaged or cannot be played.
- If the video is significantly offensive to the viewers, with excessively stimulating expressions, sexuality, strong religious views or political messages.
- The video length is less than or exceeds the regulation (1min ~ 1min 59sec)
- If there are any unavoidable circumstances that causes you to not meet the application period, please consult the secretariat with the reason and timing.
- The submitted work is guaranteed to not infringe the intellectual property rights and ownership of third parties. In the unlikely event that a dispute is filed by a third party due to infringement, the applicant himself/herself is solely responsible for the financial burden (including the attorney’s fees) and compensation of the damage so that all parties involved in this project are exempted from liability.
- Please make sure that you can manage the copyright of materials such as photos /video / music / sound effects used in the submitted work.
- The organizer/planner will not handle any troubles regarding copyright infringement or complaints. In addition, works that infringe various rights will be disqualified from participating in the competition. If the work was awarded a prize, the award will be cancelled and the prize money and supplementary prizes will be returned.
- Please be considerate of the content as the many people from children to elderly will be watching the video screened at the venue.
- Applicants are prohibited from publishing videos, on-site recordings, etc. on the WEB, SNS or any other places where third parties can view them without permission before the results of the competition are announced (to ensure fairness in judging). However, videos and information that are made available to the public by the organizer/planner may be shared. If applicants break this rule, he, she, or they will be disqualified from participating in the competition.
- The distributed production template data must not be reprinted, distributed or published without permission.
- In addition, if applicants make comments or write on SNS that will affect the judging or the competition, he, she, or they will be disqualified from participating in the competition.
For more information, visit https://1minute-pm.com/en/open-call-1minute-projection-mapping-in-tokyo-2022/