Applications are now open for the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator Program to accelerate start-ups with clear potential to significantly speed up the transition to an affordable net zero energy industry.
They’re looking for diverse, innovative start-ups that will pave the way in clean energy. If you are a forward-thinking founder with bold ideas that can help unlock the next generation of net zero technologies, they want to hear from you.
- Renewable energy technologies, hydrogen, other clean fuels and green chemicals
- Carbon Capture, Usage and Storage
- Oil and gas emissions reduction technologies
As a start-up on the programme, you will receive a grant of up £100,000 and expert support from their delivery partners and mentors on:
- Testing your value proposition and business model with technical experts from potential industrial customers across the value chain.
- Creating a prototype or minimum viable product.
- Pitching to potential customers at their final showcase Demo Day.
- Securing field trials to pilot your solution with the industry including bp, Equinor, ADNOC and their other partners.
- Structuring capital raising and pitches to investors, before putting it into practice on Investor Day.
- Building diverse teams.
- Connecting into the Net Zero Technology Centre’s extensive energy industry network and maximising the benefit.
- Creating and developing your brand.
- Structuring your business optimally from a legal and tax perspective.
- Complying with regulation and anticipating regulatory changes.
- Protecting your IP, developing an IP strategy and applying for patents.
- Start-ups also have access to the TechX Growth co-working space in Aberdeen and further business support for two years post-graduation.
- Start-ups’ technology solutions must be at a technology readiness level (TRL) of 2 to 6 inclusive in order to be eligible for the Accelerator. They will accept applications from start-ups that have developed other technologies at higher TRLs as long as the innovation they are applying with is TRL 2 to TRL 6.
- Start-ups can be based anywhere as the programme is delivered virtually, but all participants must work to a GMT time zone. In-person attendance in Aberdeen UK is expected for 3 weeks (first week, last week and a week in the middle).
- The TechX Clean Energy Accelerator is a 15-week full time intensive programme. At a minimum one founder will need to be available full-time during the 15 weeks to take part in the programme. A maximum of two employees (including one founder) may participate in the programme.
- Start-ups may not participate in other accelerators during the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator programme.
- Start-ups will only be considered if they are developing clean energy technologies that fit one or more of their technology focus areas, set out below.
- Start-ups located outside the UK must be able to communicate clearly how they plan to benefit the North East Scotland and UK economies. They will need to incorporate a UK company before the start of the programme.
- All start-ups must be inclusive and diverse or open to building diverse teams.
- TechX Clean Energy Accelerator grows clean energy start-ups to accelerate the transition to net zero Looking for companies:
- in Sustainability, Sustainable Design, Fuel Cells, Clean Technology, Renewable Energy, Waste, Geothermal, Energy Sector, Carbon Reduction, Clean Energy, Carbon Capture, Energy Storage, Offshore Wind, Renewable Energy Tech, Hydrogen Refueling, Emissions Monitoring, Hydrogen Storage, Primary Battery, Emissions Management, Carbon Offset Project located in Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia/NZ, Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Europe, Middle East, North America, South America
- incorporated or not
- idea, prototype or users stage
- Angel, Pre-seed, Seed or Series A
- have raised funding or not
- currently raising or not raising funds
- have revenue or not
Key features of the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator Programme:
- 12 companies selected per cohort
- 15 week programme, held from 27 February ’23 to 9 June ’23
- Full time attendance required
- No joining fee
- TechX does not take equity or IP in the start-ups
For more information, visit https://www.netzerotc.com/techx-accelerator/clean-energy-accelerator/