Swarovski Foundation has launched ‘Creative for their Future Program’ to support all creatives worldwide aged 21 to 30 across disciplines including fashion, design, art, architecture and engineering – with no limit to creative medium.
This is a global mentorship and grant program designed with advisor the United Nations Office for Partnerships to identify and accelerate the next generation of creative leaders in sustainability.
The program will allow successful participants to access a broad network of partners across the creative industries, not limited to Swarovski’s facilities. Wherever possible, the program will try to arrange for participants to get access to the resources and facilities they need to develop their research.
They aim to empower the next generation of creative talent to unlock innovative new approaches to their global sustainability challenges and drive progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The six successful applicants will be required to attend a program of events in New York on September 12 – 16, 2022 during the United Nations General Assembly. All applicants must ensure they have a valid passport, US VISA and have read the program’s terms and conditions mentioned on the website.
Creative for their Future harnesses the unique critical thinking and problem-solving abilities of young creatives in this pivotal era. Successful applicants will have a keen interest in, demonstration of, or exemplary potential to use the creative process to accelerate awareness, technologies or solutions for sustainable development.
This diverse group of mentors and advocates will include internationally renowned figures in disciplines such as materials science, water conservation, social justice, business strategy, engineering, climate action, academia, sustainable development and supply chain management.
- The individual grants will be €20,000 each.
- The award comprises of a 20,000 Euro grant, travel to New York (adherence to Swarovski Foundation travel terms and conditions), communication opportunities, educational program including but not limited to; mentor sessions, master classes and online materials. Maximum of one award per applicant and no additional or substitute award will be available.
- In the event of applicant non-availability for award in its full entirety (inc grant, US travel and educational program) the Swarovski Foundation reserves the right to revoke award from the applicant. In the event of non-availability of the award for any reason, the Swarovski Foundation reserves the right to substitute the award with an award of a similar nature. No alternative will be available. The award is not transferable.
- Successful applicants should have a keen interest in, demonstration of, or exemplary potential to use the creative process to accelerate awareness, technologies or solutions for sustainable development.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 21 – 30 at the time of application and before the deadline for applications.
- The Program is open to residents of all countries. However, due to requirement of the applicants to travel to the United States as part of the programme, applicants must abide to United States entry requirements including but not limited to visa entry and full COVID-19 vaccination.
- Applicant exemptions are employees of the Swarovski Foundation, any of its subsidiaries, agents or any other business involved with the administration of this Program, or members of the households of such employees.
- Applicants must be resident in the country from which they submit their entry.
- Applicants must have a bank account in their name to receive the grant of 20,000 Euro.
For more information, visit https://www.sfcreatives.org/