Social Shifters is excited to announce its Global Innovation Challenge to help young leaders and founders to explore, start and grow their ideas to solve the social or environmental issues that matter to them most.
They are looking for creative ideas, projects, and business solutions to the problems that matter most to you and your community. We welcome ideas at any stage and from anywhere in the world.
Social Shifters is a global nonprofit helping the next generation of young leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to tackle the world’s most pressing social and environmental issues in new ways. They do this through providing inspiration, engaging learning experiences, and access to a global community of support.
Why you should take part?
- Unlock Your Potential: Develop your skills, confidence and future prospects with help from skilled mentors and as part of a supportive global community.
- Accelerate Your Idea: Get FREE access to a world-leading Digital Incubator program to help develop your project or business idea.
- Make an Impact: Compete for awards of up to $10,000 to deliver activities that improve lives, help communities, and protect the planet.
The winners of the Global Innovation Challenge will receive cash awards to implement your idea. Awards of $10,000 USD will be awarded in their main competition categories, with $1,000 USD prizes also available to the best ideas contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
What Will you Receive?
When applications close, entrants will receive free access to their Digital Incubator program, including:
- Access to a premium subscription to the Social Shifters e-learning and community platform
- Access to Steps to Startup, their internationally recognised social startup e-learning course
- Access to exclusive skills building and global networking events, all accessed online
- Access to expert mentors and coaches from some of the world’s leading businesses
- Digital badges and certificates
What Ideas Are Eligible?
- Your ideas must contribute to at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- They are open to ideas, projects, and business solutions of all kinds. You can be in the process of developing a completely new idea, testing a concept that you have been working on for a while, or you might already have had some success in implementing the solution. Solutions can be implemented on a for-profit or non-profit basis.
- All ideas must be led by young people aged between 18-30 years old
- The Global Innovation Challenge is open to anyone aged 18-30 years.
- This means that all team members registering must be at least 18 years old and no older than 30 at the time your entry is submitted.
The Global Innovation Challenge judges will evaluate, shortlist ideas, and select winners based on four criteria:
- Impact: They are looking for ideas that will help solve an important social or environmental problem.
- Innovation: They are looking for ideas that are insightful, and potentially offer a breakthrough solution to the problem described.
- Feasibility: They are looking for solutions that can be delivered by participants and that have a realistic chance of success.
- Scalability: They are looking for ideas that have the potential to be delivered on a larger scale to achieve a wider and lasting impact.
For more information, visit https://challenge.socialshifters.co/