The main goal of the contest is to give continuity to the projects that the women participants of the program carry out during their research stays. “Science by Women” therefore goes a step further and prioritizes the impact of these projects in the countries of origin of the women.
To this end, two awards have been announced in two different categories: scientific dissemination with a prize of €4,000 and technology transfer with €7,000.
- The contest is open to women scientists who have completed or are currently completing their research stays in any of the seven calls of the program. The proposals submitted must be developed in the African country of origin of the winning candidates.
- Scientific dissemination, technology transfer and innovation are key elements for the sustainable development of societies and at the Foundation they are committed to the implementation of projects that result in the welfare of local communities and give visibility to the transformative power of science done by women.
- The competition is open to women scientists who have completed or are currently completing their research stays in any of the seven editions of Science by Women.
- The projects and initiatives (which may also be science and technology-based ventures) submitted must be developed in the African country of origin of the candidates.
- Women scientists who, at the date of publication of this competition, have not yet started their research stay are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://mujeresporafrica.es/en/noticias/l-science-by-women-contest/