Renewable Energy Solutions for Africa Foundation (RES4Africa Foundation), in partnership with Enel Foundation, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, and the European Investment Bank (EIB), and in collaboration with MIP, the Graduate School of Management and SDA Bocconi, are pleased to announce the ninth edition of the ADVANCED TRAINING COURSE (ATC).
The ATC is addressed to institutional and high-level managers and professionals operating in the RE sector in Africa (serving in public institutions, energy companies, manufacturers of green components, financing institutions, energy centers, universities and research agencies). In addition, a new category of participants is added to cover Ph.D. or Master level students or Researchers from Italian Universities. The synergy among professionals from different countries and with a different professional and educational background will greatly contribute to the development of a fruitful and positive training outcome.
This year the course will engage up to 50 African professionals. RES4Africa Foundation promotes a balanced gender mix in the selection of participants, therefore women are highly encouraged to apply. The course is addressed to high-achieving individuals able to shape and deploy the future of energy systems in their respective countries across Africa.
The structure of the course includes different modules that foresees 80 hours lectures on the main technical, regulatory and economics features of electricity markets and associated topics given by qualified international experts, academics and highly skilled technicians.
The training is structured to favour the exchange of experiences among participants by means of their direct involvement through fruitful interaction in group study activities and communal site visits.
The Advanced Training Course encourages participants to explore multidisciplinary approaches covering technical, economic and regulatory topics mainly integrating:
- theoretical and academic sessions;
- market perspective and industrial view.
- Applicants for full scholarships:
- The ATC Is open to applicants that are high and middle level professionals and managers from Sub-Saharan Africa and SEMC’s public institutions, national authorities, energy companies, energy and implementing agencies, research institutes, TSOs, DSOs, research institutions and civil society organisations.
The ATC will welcome the following participants
- 50 high-achieving individuals and middle managers coming from Sub-Saharan African and Southern Mediterannean (SEMCs) countries. Shortlisted participants will be awarded a full scholarship that will cover the ATC’s tuition fee as well as travel and accommodation costs.
- 10 professionals from RES4Africa Foundation members and stakeholders.
- 10 Ph.D. or MD students and Researchers from Italian and International Universities
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an African country;
- Have minimum 5 years working experience in the energy field
- Be eligible to travel to Italy. All candidates are invited to check well in advance the procedure applicable to their specific case;
- Be fully proficient in English;
For more information, visit https://www.res4africa.org/calendar-news/res4africa-advanced-training-course-applications-are-now-open-for-the-9th-edition