Nominations are now open for the “Lombardia è Ricerca International Award.
The Prize awards a fundamental discovery, research, or invention with long-lived effects in the broad field of Computer Science for Safety, Wellbeing, and Sustainable Growth.
- Each year, the Lombardia è Ricerca international award assigns 1 million euros for a discovery / research that has a significant impact on the lives of citizens in various areas (as established from time to time by the Regulations regarding each edition) of the Life Sciences sector.
- The award ceremony is held every year on 8 November – the anniversary of the death of the oncologist and researcher Umberto Veronesi – during the Research Day, which was also established by the Lombardy Region to enhance the potential and impact of innovation and scientific research in the area.
- Nominations for the Award can be put forward by all scientists who have an H-Index equal to or greater than 10 in the areas of research related to the topic of the Award, such as:
- Information & Communication Technology;
- Biomedical Research;
- Clinical Medicine;
- Psychology & Cognitive Sciences;
- Public Health & Health Services;
- Economics & Business.
- Strategic Area
- Improving the quality of people’s life with a positive impact at the economic and social level.
The Prize is worth 1 million euros and is covered entirely by the Lombardy Regional Government.
Specific Eligible Topics
- Intelligent systems to support the decisions in the Healthcare and Life Sciences sectors
- Artificial Intelligence and Computational Models for Neuroscience
- Intelligent analysis of biomedical data (radiomics, genomics, and proteomics) to support personalized medicine for rare diseases
- Cyber security models and systems to protect sensitive information for the health and life of citizens
- Humanoid and assistive robotics to support fragile subjects
- Innovative systems and technologies to improve the quality of life
- Scientists and Researchers from all over the world can propose nominations for the Award, provided they have an h-index greater or equal to10.
- The nominators may submit one single proposal related to a specific scientific discovery, for which they can list up to three names of contributing authors.
- Please remember that Self-nominations are not allowed. Furthermore, nominations cannot be presented by those convicted of crimes against the Public Administration.
For more information, visit https://openinnovation.regione.lombardia.it/it/news/news/6720/lombardia-ricerca-award-the-deadline-for-nominations-is-31-august