Through a highly competitive process, Women’s World Banking’s Fintech Innovation Challenge identifies and elevates 4 later-stage fintechs pioneering innovative financial solutions that break the persistent challenges in serving the low-income women’s market.
They are looking for fintechs currently developing innovative products and solutions that address low-income women and their needs.
- The four finalists and grand prize winner will be awarded mentorships, personalized UX design and investor consultations, membership to exclusive networks and priority access to fintech events attended by investors and partners around the world.
- Four Finalists
- Invitation to pitch your solution at Women’s World Banking’s Fintech Innovation Challenge in February 2023 in Dubai as part of the Making Finance Work for Women Summit.
- Invitation to join Women’s World Banking Global Network, with one-year complementary membership.
- Fast tracked application to Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship’s Accelerator at Santa Clara University focusing on women’s economic empowerment and climate resilience, which features:
- Access to a Silicon Valley network of 300+ mentors
- An average of $750K in investments raised 3-years post-accelerator
- Exclusive pitch advisory session with Women’s World Banking Asset Management team.
- Priority access to UX design consultation with an industry expert.
- Invitation to attend the Making Finance Work for Women Summit in Dubai and leverage networking opportunities with 300+ high-profile global stakeholders in financial services, fintech and financial inclusion.
- Grand Prize Winner
- Priority access to key 2023 fintech-investor networking events powered by Elevandi, such as Point Zero, Elevandi Connects and/or the Singapore Fintech Festival.
- Priority access to Women’s World Banking’s global PR firm, Porter Novelli, to help develop strong media presence and drive visibility and exposure
- Invitation as a featured speaker at a Women’s World Banking Making Finance Work for Women thought leadership event.
- Automatic membership
- Female Founders Circle
- For the first time ever, they are forming the Female Founders Circle. All female-founded fintechs that make it to the Top 12 will be granted automatic membership into this premier group.
- The Female Founders Circle is an exclusive network of like-minded female-founded fintechs that will have full access to Women’s World Banking’s global PR firm, Porter Novelli, helping them achieve new levels of visibility and exposure.
What sets them apart?
- Women-Centered: Exclusive focus on solutions that aim to close the gender gap for women
- Growth Potential: Access to major investor and partnership opportunities to foster growth potential
- Later-Stage Fintechs: Emphasis on attracting later-stage fintechs, rather than start-ups
- Expert Judging Panel: Diverse judging panel of industry experts in fintech, financial inclusion, banking and venture capital
- Access to Broader Community: Opportunity to join and engage with the broader women’s financial inclusion community, such as Women’s World Banking Global Network
- They invite fintechs who fit the following criteria to apply:
- Leveraging Technology for Women: You are a fintech leveraging technology to provide financial solutions for underserved, low-income women.
- Serving Emerging Markets: Your focus is on serving customers in emerging markets.
- Preparing for Series A or Later: Your fintech is preparing for Series A or later and can demonstrate a minimum viable product and a path to profitability.
For more information, visit https://www.womensworldbanking.org/fintech-innovation-challenge-2023/