Are you a passionate citizen, aged 18 to 35, that believes your actions can support your local community and that every small positive action can make the world a better place? Then you are welcome to apply for United Global People (UPG) Sustainability Leadership Class 2023 Program.
In spring 2023 UPG commits to train and certify a minimum of 500 additional young leaders from all over the world by spring 2023. And to offer 60 of them an immersive 1-week experience on an island in the USA: the Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership.
UPG Sustainability Leadership is a movement that mobilises individuals and organisations to support positive citizen leadership on sustainability.
It is a movement that encourages and enables citizens at all levels to take positive action. A movement inspired by the UPG’s commitment to do what they can with what they have, rather than wait for someone else to act. It is a movement that embodies the notion that everyone can do something to make the world more sustainable.
UPG believes that sustainability includes BOTH the usual “green” issues such as planting trees, recycling waste, managing energy, protecting the oceans AND other issues that have been central to their societies for a long time such as: education, health, jobs, gender equality, sustainable consumption, sustainable production and more. For those who are familiar with it, UPG uses the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guide.
The flagship activity is the #UPGSustainability Leadership training program for 500+ young adults from across the globe every year. There are also activities for schools and institutions as well as for companies.
- Candidates must be 18-35 years of age by 1 October 2022
- Candidates must be self-motivated, capable of overcoming major challenges and able to think outside the box
- Applicants from all nationalities are eligible to apply
- Candidates from all genders and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- All applicants to the UPG Sustainability Leadership program will need to have a good understanding of English to apply. Application forms, all training and all supporting materials will be in English so to get the most out of the program a strong English language capability is required.
- UPG is looking for young determined people from all different paths of life and regions of the world. From well-experienced professionals to freshly graduated students. The selection process considers four factors:
- Your Profile – this helps us to strive for diversity
- Your Motivation – they select the most motivated
- Your Capabilities and
- The Potential for Impact
For more information, visit https://act.unitedpeople.global/upg-sustainability-leadership/