The International Water Association (IWA) is accepting applications for its ‘Youth Action for SDG 6’ Fellowship to mobilize twelve Young Water Professionals (YWPs) from around the globe to actively participate in the UN 2023 Water Conference, in New York, USA.
After the conference, the selected YWPs will work together with Grundfos staff and IWA to co-develop a publication that provides insights into the critical role that young people have in the implementation of the UN 2030 Sustainable Development Goal Agenda. The publication will focus on how the water sector can maximise the benefits of integrating young professionals to achieve sustainable development.
A joint Grundfos-IWA publication will be launched during a three-day gathering at the Grundfos HQ, in Denmark (date to be defined, after March 2023), where the twelve selected YWPs will have the possibility to present their key learnings from the UN 2023 Water Conference. All financial support for the twelve participants will be provided through this fellowship.
Additionally, the twelve selected YWPs will attend the IWA 2023 Water Development Congress in Kigali, Rwanda (date to be defined). During the Congress, the selected candidates will:
- participate in a workshop organised by the IWA Secretariat in collaboration with Grundfos and the IWA YWP Steering Committee, where they will present the learnings from the Water Conference, and
- participate in the launch of the Grundfos and IWA Handbook.
The Fellowship will cover:
- Air travel and subsistence costs;
- Subsistence (breakfast, lunch, and dinner – 5 days in New York, 4 days in Billund and 4 days in Kigali);
- Accommodation in a hotel (single occupancy, 5 nights in New York, 4 nights in Billund, 4 nights in Kigali);
- Ground transportation from and to the airport and from the hotel to the venue (5 days in New York, 4 days in Billund, and 4 days in Kigali);
- Travel insurance;
- Visa application fees.
- The selected individuals will be responsible for applying for their USA, Rwanda and Schengen area visa(s) in their countries.
- IWA and Grundfos cannot guarantee any candidate that their visa application will be successful.
- The IWA Secretariat will be responsible for booking airline tickets and accommodation, as well as travel insurance on behalf of the selected candidates.
The applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be between 18 and 35 years of age on the date of the UN 2023 Water Conference (22 to 24 March 2023);
- Be an active IWA member – membership status will be verified by the IWA Secretariat;
- Show evidence of commitment to delivering positive change in the water sector;
- Demonstrate leadership capacity;
- Be addressing key local and/or global issues in their current work;
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas in the water sector;
- Have a working knowledge of English.
For more information, visit https://iwa-network.org/news/youthactionforsdg6/