The International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for its 2023 Global Fellowship to provide emerging and mid-career performing arts professionals with the opportunity to expand their international networks through membership and attendance at ISPA Congresses.
The International Society for the Performing Arts’ (ISPA) Global Fellowship provides one-year access to ISPA’s extensive international network of arts professionals to emerging and mid-career leaders from the global performing arts community, with particular attention paid to applicants from developing economies.
Participants join the ISPA membership and participate in the New York ISPA Congress (in-person or online) where they engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world’s most significant presenting organizations, performing arts organizations, artist management agencies, cultural policy groups, foundations, festivals and related professionals.
This opportunity is intended for those working in the management of the professional performing arts. Performing arts professionals who are deeply committed to increasing the global connectivity of the performing arts industry, as well as those who take initiative in their own professional development, are most likely to benefit.
- Membership in ISPA: Fellows gain access to all ISPA member benefits including year-round online programming (ISPAconvenes and Genius Bar) and exclusive content on the ISPA website and newsletters.
- ISPA Congress: Fellows participate in the New York ISPA Congress where they get the opportunity to engage in the development and exchange of ideas with an extensive global community of arts leaders.
- Fellows Seminar: Fellows participate in Fellows-specific programming. This programming aims to cement a Fellows network through a series of peer to peer conversations and workshops.
- Ongoing Networking: Fellows are paired with a current ISPA member as part of ISPA’s Community Building Program. Current members welcome Fellows to ISPA and help facilitate their participation.
- One-year ISPA membership with access to all member benefits
- Full Pass registration to the New York 2023 ISPA Congress (January 10 – 12, 2023)
- Travel subsidy which may include per diem, flights, and accommodation to support expenses related to attending the congress
- Introduction to a current ISPA member who will welcome the Fellow to ISPA and help facilitate their participation as part of ISPA’s Community Building Program
The Global Fellowship Program seeks to engage leaders working in the management of all professional performing arts. ISPA accepts applicants from all regions of the world, with particular attention paid to applicants from developing economies. Applicants must:
- Be currently employed/working in the professional performing arts
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the performing arts field
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Ability to fully participate in the New York 2023 ISPA Congress, January 10 – 12, 2023
- Have received no more than two ISPA Global Fellowships in the past*
Note: If one or more of an applicant’s past Fellowships was impacted by the pandemic, an additional term may be considered
For more information, visit https://www.ispa.org/page/fellowship_landing