The Ashley Lashley Foundation is seeking applications for its HEY Global Climate Fund to assist three selected young climate activists on their projects.
HEY Global Climate Fund is open to the public and to members of the HEY Campaign. Applicants who are not a part of the HEY Campaign but are recipients of the grant are required to join the HEY Campaign to expand its global reach.
All Applicants must submit their project proposal and the top three (3) proposals will be awarded a grant towards their projects.
Passionate individuals are encouraged to apply based on topics which fall under any of the following:
- Climate Change and Health: This would see projects or ideas which showcase the linkage between the change in climate and its effects on health including waterborne diseases, increase mental health awareness or diet and nutrition, amongst others.
- Climate Change and Gender: This would see projects or ideas which have made the linkage between climate change and gender highlighting solutions to which would address the vulnerabilities faced by vulnerable groups within the climate crisis. These projects or ideas would see to raise awareness and solutions with gender at its core.
- Climate Advocacy: Under climate advocacy, the applicant(s) projects or ideas must be able to demonstrate how they have been or will be using their voices and unified voices within their communities. These projects or ideas must be focused on impacts and outcomes, aiding to unite the climate action call nationally, regionally and internationally.
- Climate Entrepreneurship: With a focus on entrepreneurship and innovation in the climate change sphere, projects or ideas including renewable energy; energy efficiency and sustainability; environmental engineering; climate adaptation; resilient and clean technologies; carbon reduction; food production; design; or other innovative fields addressing climate challenges today and in the future.
The selected projects will be rewarded five thousand ($5000) USD each.
This fund is open globally and is extended to countries which are a part of the following regions:
- Applicants must submit a proposal based on a project, or idea surrounding the topics: Climate Change and Health, Climate Change and Gender, Climate Advocacy and Climate Entrepreneurship.
- To be eligible for this grant, all applicants must be between the ages of thirteen (13) and twenty-seven (27).
- Shortlisted applicants must be prepared to conduct an interview between 14th September to 16th September 2022, with The Ashley Lashley Foundation’s Evaluation Committee where applicants are to present their project or idea.
For more information, visit https://www.theashleylashleyfoundation.org/the-hey-global-climate-fund/