Applications are now open for the GivingTuesday’s Starling Collective, a global learning community and innovative fellowship for grassroots organizers, activists, artists, and changemakers to discover and share best practices for increasing generosity and driving systems change.
Grassroots leaders around the world have incredible power to mobilize and strengthen their communities, especially in times of crisis. This program is made possible through their partnership with their global network of leaders, partners, communities, and generous individuals.
- If selected, you’ll participate in the Starling Collective learning community, and receive coaching and peer support along with a microgrant of $2,000 USD. As part of the learning community:
- You’ll build relationships and with a global community of movement leaders
- You’ll tap GivingTuesday’s movement-building experience to accelerate your work and impact
- You’ll have access to the GivingTuesday data team to develop strategies for goal setting and measurement of your work
- You’ll receive ideas and best practices from your Starling Collective peers
- They invite applications from individuals with innovative approaches to catalyzing generosity, empathy, equity, and justice. Applications are accepted from anywhere in the world. The Starling Collective is specifically designed for grassroots organizers, activists, artists, and changemakers from under-represented and under-resourced communities.
- Applicants must be individuals over the age of 13 or the equivalent legal age to participate in the program in their home country. If accepted, applicants under the age of 18 must have the permission of a parent or guardian to participate in and receive any fellowship payments under the Starling Collective
- Applicants must be legally permitted to receive and accept funds from a U.S. nonprofit organization.
- They will prioritize grants to leaders operating in regions of lower resource or greater need. All award decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Giving Tuesday, Inc.
- Grant funds cannot be used to support direct or grassroots political lobbying. Please note that GivingTuesday cannot offer any advice or guidance regarding taxes.
- Applicants will need to be proficient in English or Spanish, as programming will be conducted in English with Spanish simultaneous translation. All vitual meetings will have English captions available.
For more information, visit GivingTuesday.