The Falling Walls Foundation is offering a journalist fellowship grant to support international media representatives in reporting on the topics of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022.
The fellowship grant aims to further strengthen the international public perception of Berlin as a location for scientific excellence and to contribute to the promotion of independent science journalism.
Up to twenty media representatives will be selected. They will each receive a fellowship grant, provided by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. The grant will be awarded as a lump sum and includes travel, accommodation and per diem expenses for the whole duration of the fellowship programme (6-10 November 2022) as well as research and reporting costs, if those apply.
Please choose up to three topics that you would like to report on:
- Discovering Earth & SpaceArt and Science
- Engineering and Technology
- Climate Crisis & Sustainability
- Discovering Earth & Space
- Future Learning
- Health & Wellbeing
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Science and Innovation Management
- Science Engagement
- Social Sciences and Humanities
Applications are open to international media representatives with a proven track of journalist record (freelance or staff). Applicants are expected to research and publish on a chosen topic related to the Falling Walls Science Summit. There are no restrictions on specific media areas or the form of publication.
- A jury of scientists and communications experts will choose and inform the successful candidates by 7 October 2022. There is no legal claim to the fellowship. Applications received after 2 October 2022 will not be considered.
- Travel to Berlin is required. The provided fellowship grant includes accommodation, travel and per diem expenses and event fees, excluding any further reimbursement by the Falling Walls Foundation. The Falling Walls Foundation will arrange the accommodation and travel bookings and can act as an inviting organisation for visa processes.
- Successful applicants will be invited to join an exchange with one of the festival’s numerous renowned partner organisations and speakers. Reporting can take place before, during or after the Falling Walls Science Summit (7–9 November 2022).
For more information, visit https://falling-walls.com/press-releases/falling-walls-science-summit-2022-journalist-fellowship-call-for-applications/