Entries are now open for the International Sculpture Center (ISC) Innovator Award to recognize the creative innovation of individuals, organizations, or collectives who develop new ideas and work to improve and/or expand the field of contemporary sculpture.
The recipient of this award demonstrates a commitment to their community and effects social change through their work.
Submissions will be reviewed by a jury of professionals in the field, who will select one final recipient. After confirmed by the ISC Awards Committee and Board of Trustees, the recipient will be honored at community awards ceremony.
- $1,000 Cash prize
- One year Professional (individual) or Associate (organization) level
- ISC Membership
- Recognition on sculpture.org and in Sculpture Magazine
- Virtual event to present work/project to the ISC Sculpture Community
- Residency opportunity (if available)
Examples of innovation include:
- Develops new thought processes
- Is a unique benefit to the community and/or society?
- Encourages social change
- Creative use of sculpture/materials/technique/processes
- Demonstrate the promise of continuing creative and professional growth
- Applicants may apply as individuals or groups (such as but not limited to artists, cultural organizers, curators, nonprofit, organization, collaborative, etc.)
- Available for both domestic and international entities.
- Applicants may not be a current graduate or undergraduate student (*Student eligibility through the ISC Outstanding Student Achievement in contemporary sculpture awards program)
- Open to sculptors/groups working in any material or medium.
For more information, visit https://sculpture.org/page/innovator_award_nomination