The Next Generation Foresight Practitioners (NGFP) Awards, in collaboration with Teach the Future, has announced the Young Voices award to bring futures thinking to students and educators around the world.
Teach the Future is a global movement that promotes futures literacy for students and educators. Their aspiration is that every student is prepared to navigate an uncertain world and has the agency to imagine and create their preferred future. Their mission is to teach futures-thinking skills to students and educators around the world and to inspire.
The qualities they are looking for are:
- Curiosity about the changing world and the people in it,
- A desire to translate innovative ideas about the future into action in service to your community, and
- A willingness to become a champion for a more sustainable future.
- The first-place winner will receive a USD 1,000 prize to help realize their future-focused project and catapult their idea into action
- Three others will each receive a USD 500 prize
- Six top finalists will also be recognized for their ideas and efforts
- Become an NGFP Fellow and receive mentoring and support from SOIF and Teach the Future
- The The Young Voices return for a second year.
- The awards showcase the voices of our youth between 12-17 years of age.
- The Young Voices are organised by Teach the Future, whose mission is to bring futures thinking to students and educators around the world.
For more information, visit https://nextgenforesight.org/young-voices/