Are you an African national between the ages 18 and 30? Are you leading a project that directly works with and empowers women farmers in Africa? If yes, then apply for Elevating the Voices of Women in Agriculture (EVWA) Campaign!
The Elevating the Voices of Women in Agriculture (EVWA) Campaign aims to raise awareness of the lived realities of women farmers in Africa. The goal of EVWA is to raise awareness for the need to empower women farmers on the ground.
- EVWA Changemakers is an annual 30 under 30 campaign, which recognizes and gives a platform to exceptional young Africans, who lead projects that contribute to the empowerment of women farmers.
- Through a call for nomination, inspiring young leaders in the field of women farmers’ empowerment will be selected as EVWA Changemakers and spotlighted on the EVWA webpage.
- The EVWA Changemaker, leading the most innovative and inspiring project will be announced and recognized as the EVWA Champion.
- With the title of EVWA Champion comes a 5.000 USD seed-funding award to scale the impact of this project.
- The EVWA Champion will also receive the unique opportunity to be part of an exciting multimedia documentary production.
- They will publish this documentary on their promotional channels to spotlight the EVWA Champion as a best practice example.
- In 2022, the EVWA Champion will be highlighted at or around COP27 in Sharm-El-Sheikh, Egypt to gain global attention and build a network with high-potential partners.
- In 2024, they will curate an impactful virtual exhibition, spotlighting the EVWA Champions of 2022, 2023 and 2024.
What kind of projects will be considered?
They consider projects of any size, whether they are implemented by only one person or a team. They could be community volunteer projects, freelance projects, NGO projects, or entire startups dedicated to women farmer empowerment. The list is long, and they are open to innovative approaches! Legal registration is not required to qualify as a project. However, you should be able to back the existence and validity of your project through website links, social media profiles, photos, videos, etc.
For more information, visit https://bankimooncentre.org/leadership/evwa