Funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland (‘Irish Aid’), the A&R ClimAccelerator is seeking applications from solutions that are addressing the impacts of climate change and building the resilience of communities.
The A&R ClimAccelerator will support 16 teams from across the African continent with solutions that address physical climate risks or build the resilience of communities. The selected start-ups will receive tailored business coaching, professional guidance on finance, support defining the climate impact potential of their solution, and preparation for future investment opportunities.
Start-ups may be providing solutions against climate risks such as: extreme temperatures (heatwaves), extreme precipitation, drought, unpredictable rains, cyclones, hurricanes, typhoons or storms, floods, and sea level rise, among others. Start-ups that are not focusing on these specific areas will not be accepted.
- Mentorship support
- The start-ups will receive one-to-one support to refine their business strategy, solve challenges and identify opportunities for sustainable growth.
- Access to finance
- The start-ups will receive a results-based grant of €2,500 to support streamlining operations, increasing efficiencies and creating businesses with a positive climate impact.
- Business development services
- Tackling all aspects of the business from incorporation, management structure, governance structures, staffing, operations, business plan development and implementation, market plan development and implementation, financial management and accountability.
- Climate change mainstreaming
- Coaching and training on climate risk assessment and opportunity identification. Additionally, the start-ups will be supported in mainstreaming sustainability (environmental and social), as well as climate change adaptation and mitigation approaches into their operations.
- Business must be incorporated in an African country.
- Should be incorporated for 5 years or less.
- For-profit entity.
- Adaptation and resilience solution.
For more information, visit https://climaccelerator.lezgo.io/formulaires/call-to-application-climate-kic-adaptation-and-resilience-a-r-climaccelerator-in-africa/presentation