The international press cartoon competition “Lands and Droughts” took the prism of droughts to better illustrate the role and place of land and soils in the functioning of the terrestrial ecosystem, climate regulation, food security, the maintenance of the biodiversity of living organisms and, in general, in all terrestrial life and its well-being.
Droughts, their impacts and their treatment, exposes the form of unconsciousness, indifference and even contempt shown by humanity for the earth and soils. However, warming temperatures, loss of biodiversity, food insecurity and many other threats, all linked to the continuous degradation of land, have taken a worrying turn, which at the same time increases inequalities and poverty and threatens the future of human societies.
The winner of the first prize will be invited to France in Montpellier during the Désertif’actions 2022 event from October 05 to 08, 2022. The prize and a dedicated creation will be handed over.
- For his 4th drawing competition, the organizers of Désertif’actions 2022 wanted to deal with a subject that is extremely topical in both southern and northern countries: “land and drought”. This theme follows “the earth makes its climate” in Montpellier in 2015, “land and climate, the time to act” in Strasbourg in 2017 and “draw me the Great Green Wall” in Ouagadougou in 2019.
- Through humor, derision, irony or enthusiasm, as only a drawing can do, it is a question of highlighting all the paradoxes, inconsistencies, ignorance, leaks, contempt or human arrogance expressed by the treatment that is subjected to land and soil in urban and rural areas. But also all the hopes , commitments, courage, initiatives and solutions such as agroecology, which constitute so many seeds of a change already underway for a viable land and future.
The prizes awarded by the organizers are as follows:
- First prize: 1500 euros offered by the United Nations Convention for the Fight against the desertification
- Second prize: 750 euros offered by the organizers of DA22
- The competition is open to any cartoonist or cartoonist from any country who has published at least one cartoon in the press since June 2021. Each cartoonist can submit only two cartoons, in black and white or in color.
- The jury will be chaired by a personality from the world of the arts and the press and composed of 7 people with different skills on the theme of the competition, the field of press cartoons and the organizers of Désertif’actions 2022.
For more information, visit https://www.cariassociation.org/Actualites/Le-concours-de-dessins-de-presse-de-Desertif-actions-2022-est-ouvert