Applications are now open for the second of three 2022 Bruno Reporting Fellowship to fund an enterprise feature relevant to Coda Story’s topics of interest.
The 2022 Fellowship support three 3-month reporting projects that culminate in a notable story to be published on Coda's website and editorial partners' websites.
The Bruno Reporting Fellowship is designed to benefit early career journalists working in countries where journalism is under-resourced and the issues relevant to Coda's editorial concerns are under-scrutinized.
- The Fellowship offers a $5,000 honorarium to cover payment for the story. Pre-approved expenses will be covered separately.
- Throughout the fellowship, the reporter will benefit from mentorship, guidance and editorial support from Coda's editors and staff.
- The Fellowship recipient is expected to spend 8 weeks reporting and writing, and 4 weeks working with an editor prior to the publication of an enterprise feature.
- The published stories resulting from the Fellowship are expected to range from approximately 4,000 – 5,500 words.
- Coda Media is a 501(c)3 media company that focuses on the roots of cross-border crises.
- Their mission is to investigate the matrix of stories that are shaping our world, to empower our readers with a sense of true, contextual understanding of stories shaping their lives, and to help journalism re-imagine how to cover complex crises in an accessible and engaging way that doesn't strip the events of their inherent complexity.
- Journalists working in Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, and Africa are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have excellent written and spoken English and have a track record of writing reported pieces in English.
For more information, visit Coda Media.
For more information, visit https://www.codastory.com/stayonthestory/coda-bruno-reporting-fellowships/