The Africa Adaptation Initiative (AAI) is pleased to invite you to apply to participate in an online Short Course Training on “Climate And Disaster Risk Financing (CDRF)” which will take place between 12th September 2022 and 27th October 2022.
There will be four versions of the CDRF short course where each version of the course will be focused on a particular region (Eastern Africa, Anglophone North, and West Africa, Francophone North, West and Central Africa, and Southern Africa) and or language group (English, French, and Portuguese). Participants attending the course will be assigned to a training course that reflects the region they are a citizen of, and, or whether they speak either English, French or Portuguese.
The main objective of the training is to advance the capacity of senior government officials and decision-makers from across the African continent to understand the basic concepts and instruments of CDRF and assess, plan for, and utilize climate risk information to inform policy and strategy.
Furthermore, the training covers discussing challenges and opportunities for developing countries in terms of accessing and managing climate and disaster risk finance, as well as the current opportunities, advantages, shortcomings, and areas for improvement of risk mitigation, reduction, transfer, and financing approaches.
- The course is designed for senior government officials from Ministries of Finance, Planning, Climate Change/Environment, Disaster risk Management agencies, and other related ministries and institutions. Priority will be given to the following target groups:
- Government officials from Ministries of Finance, Planning, Climate Change/Environment, Disaster Management Agencies/Ministries/Departments senior government officials.
- Female participants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All applicants must be a citizen of an African state or provide evidence of long-term working experience in Africa.
- Participants must be able to confidently understand and communicate in French, English, or Portuguese (depending on the language of tuition and translation services available per course).
- Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to;
- Understand the climate and disaster risk environment in Africa, and be able to apply this knowledge within their own countries and contexts;
- Understand core concepts, principles, and instruments for CDRF in the African and their own contexts;
- Conduct In-depth risk context studies in supporting informed and effective CDRF;
- Identify types and sources of information (data) needed to assess climate/disaster risk in-depth, and utilize common assessment and analysis tools;
- Identify and mapping of various key stakeholders, prepare a value proposition of CDRF for these stakeholders and mobilize resources for CDRF initiatives
For more information, visit https://africaadaptationinitiative.org/call-for-applications-training-on-climate-and-disaster-risk-financing-cdrf/