The United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) invites media worldwide to submit entries for its 26th annual UNCA Awards for best print, broadcast (TV & Radio) and online, web-based media coverage of the United Nations, UN agencies and field operations.
- The Elizabeth Neuffer Memorial Prize , sponsored by the Alexander Bodini Foundation, for written media (including online media). The prize is for print and online coverage of the UN and UN agencies, named in honor of Elizabeth Neuffer, The Boston Globe bureau chief at the UN, who died while on an assignment in Baghdad in 2003.
- The Ricardo Ortega Memorial Prize , sponsored by the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), for broadcast (TV & Radio) media. The prize is for broadcast coverage of the UN and UN agencies, named in honor of Ricardo Ortega, formerly the New York correspond for Antena 3 TV of Spain, who died while on an assignment in Haiti in 2004.
- The Prince Albert II of Monaco and UNCA Global Prize for Climate Change. The prize is for print (including online media) and broadcast media (TV & Radio) for coverage of climate change, biodiversity, and water.
- The judges will look for entries with impact, insight, and originality, and will consider the courage and investigative and reporting skills of the journalists. Entries from the developing world media are particularly welcome.
- Entries can be submitted in any of the official UN languages (English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, and Russian), however a written transcript in English or French is necessary to facilitate the judging process.
- Each candidate can submit to no more than two (2) prize categories, with a maximum of two (2) stories in each. Joint entries are accepted.
For more information, visit https://unca.com/awards-call-for-submissions/