Within the framework of the World Urban Forum 11 (WUF11), the premier global conference on sustainable urbanization, UN-Habitat’s Flagship Programme invites professional and amateur photographers worldwide to participate in a photo contest on the topic ‘Inclusive, Vibrant Neighbourhoods and Communities’.
This Flagship Programme aims to promote social and environmental value creation globally by supporting governments and urban actors to build more inclusive and climate resilient cities, neighbourhoods and communities through urban regeneration.
The Programme explores the potential of urban regeneration, as a holistic urban planning process, to foster social inclusion, climate resilience and socio-economic development in urban communities. Therefore, it offers guidance to national and local governments to create an enabling institutional environment for urban regeneration through adequate policies, legal and financial frameworks, and inclusive mechanisms.
The Flagship Programme provides technical assistance and promotes integrated approaches and partnership models for urban regeneration. Furthermore, it aims to create reference groups and a knowledge platform for urban actors to share knowledge and experience and pilot methodologies and projects.
The participants are invited to submit images documenting the transformative capacity of urban regeneration to improve the quality of life, spatial equity, and diversity in neighbourhoods, communities and the wider city.
- Considering the World Urban Forum 11 message – ‘Transforming their Cities for a Better Urban Future’ and the principles of the Programme, the photo competition has two categories open for photos submissions.
- Category 1 – improved urban area through urban regeneration.
- Category 2 – urban area in decline and in need of urban regeneration.
- Winners of the contest will receive an award digital certificate award from the organiser partners.
- All the selected photos will be presented in a public exhibition during the World Urban Forum 11 and digitally on UN-Habitat social media and digital platform.
- Selected photos can be featured in future publications and the authors will receive full acknowledgment in the publication.
- Participants from all over the world are kindly invited to submit their works.
- Participants are allowed to submit maximum 4 photos, the excess photos will not be considered but will participate in the competition only the first two couples.
- Participants must enter the Category (1, 2) and the name of the location and city in the title of the photo.
- Participants are asked to avoid inserting the face of underage subjects in their photos.
- Participation is free of charge.
- The participant declares that she/he is the author of the photographs and the owner of their copyright and of the right to use the image.
- By submitting an image, the participant gives UN-Habitat the right to share the image on social media, future publications (hardcopies) and the website competition.
- UN-Habitat takes no responsibility for infringement of 3rd party rights. The submitter of the photograph will incur any and all penalties associated with infringing on a 3rd Party’s rights to the photo.
- UN-Habitat reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest at its discretion.
For more information, visit https://unhabitat.org/calls/call-for-photos-competition-inclusive-vibrant-neighbourhoods-and-communities