La Fabrique Cinéma 2023 is now open for Entries.
La Fabrique Cinéma has been created by the Institut français, in partnership with France Médias Monde, the SACEM (French society of authors, composers and publishers of music) and the International Organisation of La Francophonie to support new talented filmmakers from Southern and emerging countries on the international market.
On the program for the 2022 edition
- From April to June 2022, the directors and producers of La Fabrique Cinéma 2022 benefited from a online program:
- Personalized coaching
- Workshops: pitch, production of video-pitch, co-production, international sales
- 30 collective meetings with key players in the film industry
- 10 tailor-made individual consultations organized for the projects
And on site, as part of the Cannes Film Festival:
- 1 working session with director Midi Z., sponsor of La Fabrique Cinéma 2022, including individual meetings
- 320 individual meetings with potential French, European – and international partners throughout the program
- Meetings with French and international composers
- Access to the activities of the Producers Network and the Doc Corner of the Marché du Film Easy access to screenings of the official selection and selections – parallels
- An official climb of the steps of La Fabrique Cinéma
- The project must be a cinematographic work (fiction, documentary or animation). It cannot be a project or a film for television.
- The project must be a first or second feature film in development (fiction, documentary or animation).
- The director must be from the list of eligible countries (nationality of the country or living and working in the country for more than 5 years).
- The producer must be from the list of eligible countries (nationality of the country or living and working in the country for more than 5 years) and have already produced a short film or a feature film in the last five years.
- The producer must own a production company.
- The projected budget of the film must be less than 3 million euros.
- Each director and each producer can present only one project.
- The La Fabrique Cinéma program promotes the search for French, European and international co-producers. It is not necessary to already have a co-producer to register.
- Projects that already have co-producers can also be submitted. If co-producers are associated with the project, they must be mentioned in the online form when applying.
- If co-producers are associated with the project after the application has been submitted, applicants must inform the French institute. Any selected project that does not respect this rule may see its selection called into question.
- The local producer of the project accompanies the director. Co-producers must have signed a co-production agreement or a memo-deal to be considered as such. They are not supported and are not invited to participate in the program.
- Due to the international context of the Cannes Festival Film Market, many appointments and meetings are held in English. It is imperative that the director and his/her producer speak English.
- Special attention will be paid by the selection committee to gender parity in the selection of La Fabrique Cinéma participants.
- Dossiers must be complete.
For more information, visit https://www.lescinemasdumonde.com/en