The Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) is offering and exciting opportunity for youth involvement in international science-policy collaboration!
The workshop aims to strengthen the engagement of young people in the work of IPBES, and to support the uptake of assessments among young people, other individuals and organizations. Participants will also be invited, in collaboration with the task force on scenarios and models, to explore possible nature futures and to contribute to the work on scenarios and models.
- Support for travel, meals, and accommodation will be provided to all participants by the Governments of Germany and Norway.
The youth workshop will bring together 25 participants, with five participants from each of the UN regions (Africa, Asia and Pacific, Eastern Europe, Latin America and Caribbean, Western Europe and others).
Successful candidates need to:
- Be between 18-30 years of age;
- Be actively engaged in relevant work on biodiversity and ecosystem services, including in work relevant to the two reports approved by IPBES 9 (values assessment, and sustainable use of wild species assessment);
- Be nominated by a government or an organization/network with a letter of recommendation in support of the nomination;
- Be committed to participate in person in the youth workshop. Participants are expected to actively contribute to the workshop and to report on its outcome and on the work of IPBES to their home institutions and other relevant organizations;
- Have very good speaking, reading and writing skills in English as the workshop will be held in English;
- Have demonstrated ability to respectfully interact with people from other disciplines and work effectively and efficiently in a multicultural team.
- Suitable candidates are selected by the management committee of the IPBES capacity-building task force, based on the above-mentioned criteria with a view to achieving disciplinary, gender and geographic balance. All candidates will be notified of the results via email by the technical support unit on capacity-building.
For more information, visit https://ipbes.net/ipbes-youth-workshop-2022