The Singapore International Foundation (SIF) is seeking applications for its Arts for Good (A4G) Fellowship, an annual programme that aims to grow a community of practice that harnesses the power of the arts and culture to create positive social change.
The Arts for Good (A4G) Fellowship is organised annually to grow the A4G ecosystem, by fostering a community of practice that harnesses the power of arts and culture to create positive social change.
The Fellowship brings together individuals from diverse sectors, including artists, art administrators, and social sector professionals, on an exciting journey of change. Upon completion of the programme, Fellows join a global alumni network where they continue to connect, support and collaborate with one another.
Participating Fellows can expect to:
- build capacity by developing skills and new perspectives in running effective A4G initiatives
- connect with professionals from an international ecosystem keen on using the arts for social change
- join a global alumni network in supporting and collaborating with one another for future A4G initiatives
This fifth edition of the Fellowship will take on an exciting hybrid format. The online component of the Fellowship focuses on capacity building with the exchange of diverse skills amongst Fellows from different cultural backgrounds. The in-person gathering in Singapore will allow Fellows to deepen their connection with each other and different stakeholders through experiential workshops, learning journeys, peer sharing and networking sessions. In Singapore, Fellows will have the opportunity to creatively respond to current challenges faced by social service organisations. Fellows may also take the chance to participate in some of the exciting events lined up for Singapore Art Week 2023 in January!
What you can Expect?
- Capacity Building: Develop skills and knowledge to harness the power of arts and culture to create positive social change in the communities you work with.
- Multi-sectoral Exchanges: Engage with leaders from diverse sectors, such as artists, arts administrators and social sector professionals.
- International Connections: Join their international network to connect and explore collaborations with other Fellows.
The following are requirements for eligibility to be a Fellow:
- be an arts and culture practitioner (e.g. artist, arts administrator, creative professional, arts educator or arts programmer) or professional from the social sector
- have a minimum of four years of professional practice, and demonstrate a commitment to lead and effect change through your work
- have prior experience working with a community through the arts, demonstrating a strong interest in arts-based projects aimed at creating social impact
- be able to attend all components of the programme
- have access to stable Internet connectivity
- be able to communicate in English
- be at least 21 years of age, and of any nationality
- be able to financially cover a part of your travel costs to, and stay in, Singapore.
For more information, visit https://www.sif.org.sg/Our-Work/Cultural-Exchange/Arts-for-Good-Fellowship