The Getty Foundation is pleased to announce a call for applications for the Getty Scholar Grants for established scholars, or individuals who have attained distinction in their fields.
Residential grants also include an office at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, airfare to and from Los Angeles, and an available healthcare option.
Recipients may be in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue their own projects free from work-related obligations, make use of Getty collections, join their colleagues in a weekly lecture devoted to an annual research theme, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
- Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months:
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to April: $21,500
- Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $43,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
- Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Getty Scholar Grants are awarded on a competitive basis. Applications are evaluated based on the following:
- the overall quality of the application;
- how the proposed project bears upon the annual research theme;
- the applicant’s past achievements; and
- how the project would benefit from the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.
For more information, visit https://www.getty.edu/foundation/initiatives/residential/getty_scholars.html