The Global Center on Adaptation is accepting applications for its 2023 Youth Advisory Panel to provide strategic advice to the CEO of GCA on youth engagement to drive the adaptation agenda.
Additionally, the Panel will contribute to the mission of GCA’s Youth Leadership Program, which is to mobilize the next generation of adaptation leaders around the world, empowering young people to make the case for adaptation on the global stage and make their communities more climate resilient through action areas like the Youth Adaptation Network, Youth Advisory Panel, Capacity-building and Adaptation Education, and Training for Young Women Leadership on Adaptation. The Youth Leadership Program also promotes sustainable job creation and entrepreneurship for young people by strengthening entrepreneurial skills development through the YouthADAPT Solutions Challenge.
The 2023 Youth Advisory Panel shall constitute a fourteen (14) member gender-balanced group from Latin America and Caribbean, Asia, Africa, North America, Europe, Middle East and North Africa, and Oceania.
- Provide strategic advice to the CEO of GCA through quarterly meetings
- Provide advice to GCA Program Leads to accelerate adaptation action
- Provide advice to the GCA Youth Leadership Program activities
- Strengthen the Youth Adaptation Network (YAN)
- Foster youth participation in the adaptation agenda
The following criteria will guide the selection of the members of the Youth Advisory Panel:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local and regional issues that are relevant to young people on climate adaptation
- Proven experience on youth leadership on climate adaptation at the regional level
- Capacity to commit to the Youth Advisory Panel for the required duration
- Ability to consider a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of youth and the urgency around climate adaptation
- Engagement with existing regional or international networks and organizations is preferred
- Capacity to commit 4 hours per week to the Youth Advisory Panel
- Prior engagement with GCA’s Youth Leadership activities is preferred
- Applications are open to young people aged between 18 and 35 years old
For more information, visit https://gca.org/youth-advisory-panel-2023/