The Embassy of the United States in Cameroon announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out an individual project to preserve cultural heritage in Cameroon, in the framework of the Department of State’s Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP).
Issuance of this funding opportunity does not constitute an award commitment on the part of the U.S. government. Full implementation of the AFCP 2023 program is subject to the availability of funds.
Program Objectives: The AFCP 2023 Grants Competition supports the preservation of cultural sites, cultural objects and collections, and forms of traditional cultural expression.
Funding Areas: The AFCP Grants Program supports the preservation of archaeological sites, historic buildings and monuments, museum collections, and forms of traditional cultural expression, such as indigenous languages and crafts.
- Length of performance period: 60 months maximum
- Number of awards anticipated for Cameroon: 1 award
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $500,000
- Anticipated program start date: September 2023
- Appropriate project activities may include:
- Anastylosis (reassembling a site from its original parts);
- Conservation (addressing damage or deterioration to an object or site);
- Consolidation (connecting or reconnecting elements of an object or site);
- Documentation (recording in analog or digital format the condition and salient features of an object, site, or tradition);
- Inventory (listing of objects, sites, or traditions by location, feature, age, or other unifying characteristic or state);
- Preventive Conservation (addressing conditions that threaten or damage a site, object, collection, or tradition);
- Restoration (replacing missing elements to recreate the original appearance of an object or site, usually appropriate only with fine arts, decorative arts, and historic buildings);
- Stabilization (reducing the physical disturbance of an object or site).
- Foreign Institutions of Higher Education
- Foreign Organizations
- Foreign Public Entities
- U.S. Non-Profit Organizations (501(c)(3))
- U.S. Institutions of Higher Education
- Individuals or for-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://cm.usembassy.gov/funding-opportunity/