The Office of Private Sector Exchange (BridgeUSA) of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) announces an open competition for the administration of the FY 2023 BridgeUSA STEM Scholarship Fund.
Proposals must include a focus on climate change and should include U.S. partnership collaboration with institutions that focus on various STEM fields shared across continents, including improving understanding of climate systems, developing precision agricultural capabilities, enhancing risk assessment tools, and increasing societal resilience in the face of catastrophic natural or human induced disasters.
- Approximate Total Funding: $260,000
- Approximate Number of Awards: One
- Approximate Average Award: $260,000
- Minimum “Floor” of Award: $260,000
- Maximum “Ceiling” of Award: $260,000
- Anticipated Award Date: January 1, 2023
- Anticipated Project Completion Date: January 1, 2026.
- Under this NOFO, a single award will be issued for participating countries in the following regions: Africa (AF), East Asia and Pacific (EAP), and Western Hemisphere (WHA).
- AF: Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Senegal, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia. 22 participants across the region.
- EAP: Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu. 10 participants across the region.
- WHA: Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago. 18 participants across the region.
- U.S. public and private academic and cultural institutions, exchange-of-persons, and other not for-profit organizations meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c)(3) may submit applications for this competition.
- Applicants must have nonprofit status with the IRS at the time of application.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=343558